Policy: No. 2.02 ADA COMPLIANCE
Replacement For: 82090-1
Primrose Center, Inc. welcomes applications from people with disabilities and does not discriminate against them in any way. Primrose Center, Inc. complies with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 by:
- Considering all applicants with disabilities for employment using the same criteria as are used for the employment of persons without disabilities.
- Considering employees with disabilities for promotion using the same criteria that are used for the promotion of employees without disabilities.
- Ensuring that all facilities are barrier-free and accessible according to appropriate federal and state statutes.
- Promoting the recruitment of individuals with disabilities or their personal representatives, as appropriate, for Board members, staff members, and volunteers within the organization.
- Making scheduling and other adjustments to reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities.
Participating in processes designed for the community through the removal of attitudinal, architectural, employment, transportation, communication, and other barriers to people with
disabilities. This shall be accomplished through staff participation in community agencies, providing testimony, and technical
- Educating employees to the fact those individuals with disabilities who are employed by Primrose Center, Inc. should not be discriminated against. Posting notices explaining the provisions
of the ADA and rights under the law.
APPROVED: Personnel Committee, Primrose Board of Directors
EFFECTIVE DATE: 3/23/99
Reviewed: 10/12/06, 3/24/21